It’s April 1st and, while some are happy to celebrate “April Fools Day,” I am excited for a completely different reason. I have really enjoyed connecting with my prayerful sisters in the past few weeks. We have been connecting and communicating on different topics, like books, drawing closer as a community, and finding ways to strengthen & encourage one another in the Lord. Well, this is going to be one of the first things that we will do to combine our group goals. Starting today, we are joining together to read “Fervent” by Priscilla Shirer
You have an enemy . . . and he’s dead set on destroying all you hold dear and keeping you from experiencing abundant life in Christ. What’s more, his approach to disrupting your life and discrediting your faith isn’t general or generic, not a one-size-fits-all. It’s specific. Personalized. Targeted. So this book is your chance to strike back. With prayer. With a weapon that really works. Each chapter will guide you in crafting prayer strategies that hit the enemy where it hurts, letting him know you’re on to him and that you won’t back down. Because with every new strategy you build, you’re turning the fiercest battles of life into precise strikes against him and his handiwork, each one infused with the power of God’s Spirit. ~From Amazon
I don’t know about you, but that made me want to dive right into this book. I have fought some battles in prayer and if you are like me, you know that there are times when we can get weary and need to be rejuvenated.
Watch and pray that you may not enter into temptation. The spirit indeed is willing, but the flesh is weak. ~Matthew 26:41
Well, this book was used as the basis of the movie War Room and I am pretty sure that it will help us to be rejuvenated in prayer and to strategically plan how we will walk in faith, as we live our lives. Let’s be real for moment… We don’t have time to mess around. The enemy is really busy. He is attacking our families, friends, ministries, businesses, health, and our minds. Did I mention that he attacks our relationships? The list could go on and on. What are we going to do? Are we going to sit back and watch as he attempts to kill, steal, and destroy everything that God has blessed us with? No! No, we are not!!! We will not lie down in hopelessness or depression. We will not cower in fear. We will gather together and stand in faith, through prayer, believing that God will do what He has said in His word that He would do. We are going to take this resource and this group…join together as one, with the Lord in our midst, and prepare for battle. Are you with me?! I hope you are I extend this personal invitation to you. If you are reading this, it is not by chance. God knows what you need, so come on. Join us during the month of April as we read “Fervent.” At the end of the month, on April 28th, we will be coming together in an online webinar to strengthen one another and discuss all that we have learned. Register for our online discussion I will be hosting it along with my prayerful sister Charlene Maugeri. She blogs over at Enduring All Things Together we will be discussing the topics found it this great resource of a book. And guess what? You don’t have to just watch the online discussion. You can participate through chat and you even jump in the seat, on video, to share your thoughts with us, if you want. We want this to be a collaborative effort of strengthening and encouraging one another. So, now that I’ve gotten you all excited and stuff. LOL Let me tell you what to do next.
- Purchase your book. Here is a link to the book on Amazon. Once you have done that
- Register for the online discussion. The seats are limited and I don’t want you to miss out. If you register and end up missing it, you will automatically be sent the replay because you signed up. After you sign up, you will be sent an email that includes the reading plan/checklist that we will be using. You can read at your own pace, but this is a little something to help you if you need to eat the elephant on piece at a time. 🙂
- Watch out for our emails. Each week, you will receive an email that includes information & encouragement on the topics that are included in the book. From personal experience, I know that when we set our minds to do something, the enemy set an attack against us. These emails will keep you strengthened and encouraged throughout the month. (You have to sign up to either the online discussion or fill out the form below to receive these emails. They won’t be included in our normal emails/updates)
- Share this with your community & on social media. Someone that you know might need what we are doing and to be connected. They don’t have to be a member to participate.
- If you find that you need a little help through prayer, please remember to submit a prayer request. Our community has you covered.
- Take a picture of your book. This could be you holding it, reading it, the book sitting on the counter, or something else. It doesn’t matter. Just take a pic and share it using the hashtag #ferventprayerfulbloggers Let’s dive in and show one another that we are all in this together.
- Finally…Read the book. That one is easier said then done. Plan to take at least one hour a day for the next 28 days to read this book. You can do it! I know you can. That hour doesn’t have to be all together. It could be 20 minutes here and 10 minutes there. Perhaps you can find 30 minutes as you wait in line for something. I’m in this with you and I’ll be carving out the time as well.
That’s it. Let’s get to it. (If you are reading with us, but can’t attend the online discussion, subscribe below to receive the emails. It’s a completely different update list than our normal update list. )
I look forward to taking this journey with you.
Your prayerful sister,