“And without faith it is impossible to please God, because anyone who comes to him must believe that he exists and that he rewards those who earnestly seek him.”-Hebrews 11:6
Many of us as believers have faith that God exists. In different areas we are full of faith, mostly around what we see and have known to been proven true over and over again. However for every believer there are some gray areas that we struggle in when it comes to trusting God. We struggle with keeping the faith. I want to share some reminders with you that will serve as instructions on how to be faithful to being faith filled!!!
- Remember that showing faith makes God happy. I know I sure want to please the Lord! Don’t you? Hebrews 11:6 “And without faith it is impossible to please him, for whoever would draw near to God must believe that he exists and that he rewards those who seek him.”
- When the enemy speaks negativity to you speak back with Gods word. You have to change your own frame of mind. Romans 12:2 “Don’t copy the behavior and customs of this world, but let God transform you into a new person by changing the way you think. Then you will learn to know God’s will for you, which is good and pleasing and perfect.”
- Act as if what you are believing for has already come to pass. Bring your faith vision to life. Get to Work! Do something that shows you believe. James 2:26 “For just as the body without the spirit is dead, so also faith without works is dead.”
- Stop imagining the negative and imagine the positive. Philippians 4:8 “Finally, brothers and sisters, whatever is true, whatever is noble, whatever is right, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is admirable–if anything is excellent or praiseworthy–think about such things.”
- Pay attention to the patterns and recognize your past victories. Observe how satan tries to hit you in your sore spots where you’ve felt hurt or disappointment before. Nothing new, same old schemes, distorted views, chaos, and discouragement. Recognize it for what it is and know that in the end you will always have victory with God. Play smart! 2 Corinthians 2:11 “…so that Satan will not outsmart us. For we are familiar with his evil schemes.”
- Stop letting what you see affect your level of faith. When it looks like nothing is happening at all, that is exactly when God is working behind the scenes on your behalf. Get excited during these times of blah. God is always working. 2 Corinthians 5:7 “For we live by believing and not by seeing.” Proverbs 3:5 “Trust in the LORD with all your heart; do not depend on your own understanding.”
I must say that #5 is my favorite strategy for being faith filled. The enemy has no power over our lives. If you pay close attention you’ll realize that you’re tested in the same areas over and over. The enemy knows where our sore spots are and he doesn’t play fair. But we know that he is a liar who comes to kill, steal, and destroy our dreams, our relationships, our Godly plans, our peace, and our lives. Stand strong sister and use strategies 1-6 to remain faithful to being faith filled. Show God your faith, Change your mind, Get to Work, Imagine Greater, Pay attention to patterns, Believe beyond what you see!
Peace be with you!